The Department of Social Science and Humanities (SSH) at the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi) is home to a multi-disciplinary faculty offering courses and conducting research in Economics, Sociology and Psychology and also broader areas such as Liberal Arts, Communications and the Humanities.
- On the May 17th, Dr. Kiriti Kanjilal presented a paper titled Endogenous Equity in Cournot Competition: Welfare Analysis and Policy at Beihang University, Beijing
- An abstract of Sumedha Shukla has been selected "The Role of Formal and Informal Rural Credit on Crop Yield Distributions and Downside Risk" in INSEE-CESS International Conference.
- A paper by Dr Manohar Kumar titled 'Understanding emerging forms of dissent. Civil Disobedience or Uncivil Action?' has been accepted for presentation at the 11th International Conference on Applied Ethics to be held on December 15 and 16, 2018, University of Kyoto, Japan.
- Paper titled, "Understanding Health Literacy through the lens of Phronesis: The Case of Coronary Artery Disease Patients" authored by Dr. Venkata Ratnadeep Suri (Faculty, IIIT-D) co-authored by the faculty of Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University; (Shaheen Majid, Schubert Foo, Dumaual Sibal, Trinity Hannah, Yun Ke Chang) was presented at European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL 2018) held in Oulu, Finland, from 24th - 27th September, 2018
- Our Faculty member, Manohar Kumar's book titled, 'Speaking Truth to Power. A Theory of Whistleblowing' co-authored with Daniele Santoro, has been published by Springer (2018).
Whistleblowing is the public disclosure of information with the purpose of revealing wrongdoings and abuses of power that harm the public interest. This book presents a comprehensive theory of whistleblowing: it defines the concept, reconstructs its origins, discusses it within the current ethical debate, and elaborates a justification of unauthorized disclosures.
- Arora, G., & Wolter, P. T. (2018). Tracking land cover change along the western edge of the US Corn Belt from 1984 through 2016 using satellite sensor data: observed trends and contributing factors. Journal of Land Use Science, pp. 1-22.
- Miller, D., & Venkatraman, S. (2018). Facebook Interactions: An Ethnographic Perspective. Social Media + Society, 4(3), 2056305118784776.
- Khan, A., & Faiz,U. Untangling the Politics of Free-Wifi: Case studies of three cities in India. In Monteiro, A. et al. eds. Diginaka: Subaltern Politics and Digital Media in Post-Capitalist India, Orient Blackswan (forthcoming).