Professor of Practice (Finance and Entrepreneurship)
29 years’ experience in Investment Banking and Investment Advisory. Had earlier worked with companies like SBI Capital Markets, Dabur Group, Onida Group, India Infoline Group and Value Research India.
For last 25 years has taught various finance courses at IIM Raipur, IIM Indore, IIFT Delhi and Kolkata, MDI Gurgaon, IMI Delhi, Department of Financial Studies, College of Business Studies at University of Delhi and over 15 other management Institutes all over the country.
Has conducted various MDPs for the employees of Standard Chartered Bank, Met Life Insurance, HDFC Bank, DBS Bank, APEDA, MMTC,STC, Indian Oil, ONGC, GAIL, Power Grid, CIDC etc
Experience in the following areas:
- Investment Banking including Issue management (managed over 25 IPOs)
- Asset Securitization
- Development of retail network for marketing of various financial products
- Setting up of Merchant Banking, OTC and NSE operations and consumer finance division
- Setting up of a branch office and establishing them as independent profit centres
- Project appraisal, Credit syndication and Institutional placement
- Private placement of Debt / Equity,
- Corporate advisory services
- Investment Advisory.
- Was a member of the IIFT delegation to Dhaka (December 2008), which conducted programs on International Commodity Trading and Risk Management for the participants in Bangladesh.
- Was a member of the course preparation team (August - October 1998) of IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) for the module ‘Management of Financial Services’ for the MBA program of the University.
- Awarded first prize (October 1997) in a paper writing competition organised by the Department of Financial Studies, University of Delhi. The topic was “Capital Account Convertibility - Perspective 2000”.
- Worked on the VSAT technology for education. Was associated with IIFT’s Executive Master’s Program in International Business which was conducted via the Hughes Platform.
- Was awarded outstanding teacher award at IIITD in the years 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020