Department Of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Sumedha Shukla, Gaurav Arora, Role of Formal and Informal Rural Credit on Crop Yield Distributions and Downside Risk, at the 8th Tri-ennial International Conference on Agricultural Statistics 2019
- Gaurav Arora, David A. Hennessy, Hongli Feng, Peter T. Wolter, Conservation Easement Allocations to Address Localized Spillovers in Grassland Conversion: A model with empirical evidence using remotely-sensed data, 5th Biennial America's Grasslands Conference 2019
- Ruiqing Miao, David A. Hennessy, Hongli Feng, Gaurav Arora, Additionality of Grassland Easement Acquisition: Conversion Hazard Rate and Spatial Spillover, 5th Biennial America's Grasslands Conference 2019
- Du,X., Hennessy,D.H.A., Feng, H., Arora, G. (2017) Land Resilience and Tail Dependence among Crop Yield Distributions. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 100 (3), pp 809-828.
- Arora, G., & Wolter, P. T. (2018). Tracking land cover change along the western edge of the US Corn Belt from 1984 through 2016 using satellite sensor data: observed trends and contributing factors. Journal of Land Use Science, pp. 1-22.
- Miller, D., Costa, E., Haapio-Kirk, L., Haynes, N., Sinanan, J., McDonald, T., Nicolescu,J., Spyer,S., Venkatraman, S., & Wang, X. (2017). Contemporary Comparative Anthropology-The Why We Post Project. Ethnos, pp. 1-16.
- Miller, D., & Venkatraman, S. (2018). Facebook Interactions: An Ethnographic Perspective. Social Media + Society, 4(3), 2056305118784776.
- Khan, A., & Faiz,U. Untangling the Politics of Free-Wifi: Case studies of three cities in India. In Monteiro, A. et al. eds. Diginaka: Subaltern Politics and Digital Media in Post-Capitalist India, Orient Blackswan (forthcoming).
- Majid, S., Foo, S., Dumaual, H. T., & Suri, V. R. (2017). Information Needs and Seeking Behaviour of Voters during Singapore General Election 2015. Singapore Journal of Library and Information Management, 46. pp.16-37
- Suri, V. R., Majid, S., Chang, Y. K., & Foo, S. (2016). Assessing the influence of health literacy on health information behaviors: a multi-domain skills-based approach. Patient education and counseling, 99(6), 1038-1045.
- Chaturvedi, R. (2016). Efficient coalitional bargaining with noncontingent offers. Games and Economic Behavior, 100, 125-141.
- Kumar, M., & Santoro, D. (2017). A justification of whistleblowing. Philosophy & Social Criticism, 43(7), pp. 669-684.
- Sanon, A., Puri, A. & Kumar, A. (2016). A study of Borderline Personality Disorder disposituion and aggression among students. Bhartiyam International Journal of Research and Education. 5(4). 18-37.
- Kumar, A. & Swasti. S. V. (2017) . Efficacy of Positive Psychology Base mindfulness CBT in adults with Generalized anxiety Disorder. International Journal of Medical and health Sciences. 6(1). 27-33.
BOOKS & BOOK CHAPTERS
- Venkatraman, S. (2017). Social Media in South India (p. 256). London: UCL Press
- Miller, D., Costa, E., Haynes, N., McDonald, T., Nicolescu, R.. Spyer, J., Venkatraman, S., and Wang, X. (2016). How the World Changed Social Media (p. 286). London: UCL Press.
- Miller, D., Costa, E., Kirk. H., L., Haynes, N., McDonald, T., Nicolescu, R., Sinanan, J., Spyer, J., Venkatraman, S. and Wang, X. (2018). Why We Post - A team approach to research dissemination. In Tong, V.C., Standen, A. and Sotiriou, M. Eds., 2018. Shaping Higher Education with Students: Ways to Connect Research and Teaching. London. UCL Press.
- Santoro, D. & Kumar, M. (2018) Speaking Truth to Power. A Theory of Whistleblowing. Springer.
- Santoro, D. & Kumar, M. (2018). "A Right to Protection for Whistleblowers", in D. Archibugi & A. Emre Benli (Eds.) Claiming Citizenship Rights in Europe. Emerging Challenges and Political Agents, Routledge - Taylor & Francis, London. pp.186-203.
- Venkatraman, S. (2018). "Social Media in South India" (p. 256). UCL Press. Tamil and Hindi Translation-in press.
- Miller, D., Costa, E., Haynes, N., McDonald, T., Nicolescu, R.. Spyer, J., Venkatraman, S., and Wang, X. (2018). How the World Changed Social Media (p. 286). London: UCL Press - Tamil and Hindi translations in press.
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOPS
- Chaturvedi, R. & Arora, G. (August 2018). "Equitable trading mechanisms for Land Assembly and Eminent Domain," paper presented at Delhi Economic Theory Workshop, Indian Statistical Institute Delhi.
- Arora, G. & Chaturvedi, R. (August 2018). "Double Auction Mechanisms for Land Assembly," paper presented at Delhi Economic Theory Workshop, Indian Statistical Institute Delhi.
- Ali, S. & Arora, G. (October 2018). "Sustainable groundwater utilization amidst agricultural intensification? An assessment of cropping decisions and groundwater levels in the Indo-Gangetic Plains", selected paper at the 2018 Global Water Security for Agriculture and Natural Resources Conferences.
- Arora, G., Feng, H., Hennessy, D.A., & Wolter, P.T. (July-August 2017). "Conservation Easement Acquisitions Amidst Localized Spillover Effects in Grassland Conversions: Analysis using Remotely-Sensed Data", Selected paper presented at the AAEA Annual Meetings' Econometrics Track Session, Chicago, IL.
- Kumar, M. (December 2018). "Understanding Emerging forms of Dissent. Civil Disobedience or Uncivil Action? Selected paper presented at the 11th International Conference on Applied Ethics being organised by Centre for Applied Philosophy and Ethics, Kyoto University.
- Kumar, M. (June 2017). "The Wrong of Political Corruption". Meetings in Ethics and Political Philosophy, University of Minho, Braga.
- Kumar, M. (June 2016). "Whistleblowing: Conscientious Objection or Civil Disobedience?" Meetings in Ethics and Political Philosophy, University of Minho, Braga.
- Kumar, M. (June 2016). "Whistleblowing as a form of Civil Disobedience". Summer School on Equality and Citizenship III, University of Rijeka.
- Venkatraman, S. (October 2017). Small Data - Clues to uncover thick insights on Social Media" in Workshop on Analysis and Inference (WAIU), Indian Institute of Science, (IISC) Bengaluru.
- Venkatraman, S., Gupta, N., Dahiya, L., Wason, M., (2018). How do we rate each other? - A study of Uber's rider-driver rating perceptions in India. In Towards computing anthropology: imagination, cooperation and future infrastructures of trust. Association of Social Anthropologists Conference, September 18th to 21st UK 2018 - Selected Paper.
- Arora, G., Wolter, P.T., Feng, H., Hennessy, D.A. (2016). Role of Ethanol Plants in Dakotas' Land Use Change: Analysis using Remotely Sensed Data. Proceedings of the 3rd biennial America's Grasslands Conference. Weblink.
- Arora, G., Wolter, P.T., Feng, H., Hennessy, D.A. (2016). Characterizing Land Use Changes in the Dakotas using Historical Satellite Sensor Data: 1984-2015. Proceedings of the 3rd biennial America's Grasslands Conference. Weblink .
- Venkatraman, S. & Rangaswamy, N. (2016). Everyday Life in Tamil Nadu, India and Its Cost to "Free Basics." In Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings (Vol. 2016, No. 1, pp. 249-263).
- Kumar, M. et.al., (2018). "Policy Recommendation on an European Directive on Whistleblowing" for the Project A Change of Direction: Fostering Whistleblowing in the fight against Corruption in Europe.
- Kumar, M. et.al., (2018). "Policy Survey on the Existing Whistleblowing Legislations in European Member States" for the Project A Change of Direction: Fostering Whistleblowing in the fight against Corruption in Europe.
OUR FACULTY IN PRESS
- Kumar, M. (2016). "Secrecy and the failure of DNC", Daily Nous series 'Philosophers On' DNC Leaks.
- Venkatraman, S. (2017). Competence or distraction: Why Indian parents view social media differently. Parenting for a Digital Future - LSE Research Blog.
- Venkatraman, S. (2016). Co-produced 15 short research films (3 to 5 minutes in length) and one full-length film on "Social Media in South India highlighting various aspects of social media user research." http://tinyurl.com/IndiaAnth